Understanding iOS Technology
What is bundle id?
- The bundle ID is a unique identifier given to each app by its developer. In the case of Apple apps, their bundle IDs start with com.apple.
What is simctl?
simctlcommand controls iOS simulator instances from command line. It’s very similar to the adb for Android.
- It can be run via xcrun simctl. You can see help for
simctlfrom command line by running
xcrun simctl help
- What you can do using
xcrun simctl list
- Listing all available simulators
- Creating new simulator
- Erasing simulator
- Installing app inside simulator
- Add photo/video to simulator and may more
Open URLs on Simulator
xcrun simctl openurl booted <URL>xcrun simctl openurl booted "https://google.ca"
Please check out Article: Control iOS Simulators from Command Line for more commands.